May 30, 2012

Not So Smart Girl In My Class

I have some pretty.. hmm not smart people in my class. And with "people" I mean this particular girl. 
Maybe you can guess this but YES I'm always sitting next to her!
One day we had German and of course she was sitting next to me. (that's not even the problem)
We got the assignment to translate a few words and than the sentences which was on the other side of the paper. So I was working on the assignment
All of the sudden she said (I'm translating this into English, because she said this in dutch): "Do you know what I get when I look up:  'The contact' in the dictionary? Something with computers"
I was truly amazed by what she said, well I thought she was joking. 
And when I said to her that you have to search under the 'C' from contact she replied: "Well, I think it should be searched this way"
I looked at her with the "WTF?" face expression. Again I thought she must been joking so I continued working.  And THEN SHE SAID (1 minute later) : "Your acting like i'm dumb" Uhm..? O.O' How is that not dumb? Less than 45 minutes where passed. She finished her assignment and said: "If you want some help, just ask me" 
Uhm.. HOW ABOUT: NO!
How are you going to help me if you don't know how a dictionary works!?


And this wasn't even the only thing that annoys me about her.
Let me tell you another story. 


For some reason I get higher grades in language courses than her.. Doesn't bother me that much. I don't know why it should. In the 'Exam-Week' I got higher grades again. Obviously it bothers her because she took 'higher education' or something but failed and now she's in a class with younger people 16-21 year. Kind of like Junior College. And i'm doing better than her..
So she said, her exact words were: " I don't like it that you have higher grades than me, because you don't do anything for it and I do" "plus I'm much more wiser and older than you" "Hmm, maybe it's because you talk English at home"
I was so angry when she told me that, I laughed it off. I don't even speak English at home we speak dutch like everybody else in my class. And I learned English just the way you did; YEAH THROUGH SCHOOL! 
It gets worse, but i'm not going to write that down because i'm tired! haha

 -.- sad part is.. She's 21 and lives with her boyfriend
I truly feel sorry for both of them.. I don't even want to know how they handle such things at home.






Sometimes you want to do this, but just don't have the courage and can't

2 comments:

Chari T. said...

Oh that's annoying! haha! I feel for you! Some people can get very insecure yknow and actually voice out their insecurity.. Just don't mind her. :) PS It's cool you're dutch! And same thing here. I'm filipino we speak filipino at home and I only learned english in school. :-) Any other languages you can speak? :D I took basic chinese all I can remember is Ni Hao Ma. Hahahahahah! xx Forever Nineteen

S.C.P said...

haha yeah, she annoys me to the max! but I'm one of those persons who will so nothing about it -.-

Oh you can speak Filipino? That's awesome! (I can't even speak my 'mother tongue' but I can understand it:D) And i'm currently learning korean and a bit japanese.

hahaha and how did you forget to speak chinese?